World Library  

• Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1991, World Health Organization, ...

By: World Health Organization

Medical Reference Publication

The first meeting of the WHO Coordination, Advisory and Review Group (CARE) on tuberculosis (TB) concluded that the disease remains a major global public health problem which is not being adequately addressed, and that the creation of a focused global programme on TB under the leadership of WHO is urgently needed. Such a programme would marshal1 resources and pursue action by building a global coalition of all interested parties. Conceptually the Programme will be based ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 2003 ; World Health Organization,...

By: Shekhar Saxena, Dr.

The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations agency responsible for action to attain the highest possible level of health for all people. Within WHO, the Department of Mental Health and Substance Dependence provides leadership and guidance to close the gap between what is needed and what is currently available to reduce the burden of mental disorders and to promote mental health. This document summarises the present position of the Department of Mental Healt...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : World Health Forum, 1995 ; Volume 16 N...

An outline is given of some international schemes aimed at strengthening epidemiological capabilities. Particular reference is made to the Liverpool Epidemiology Programme, dedicated to the exchange of ideas between trainers and health workers. Its activities have resulted in an expanding worldwide network of support for the development of training programmes and materials.

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1985-86 ; World Health Organizati...

By: Conference of Experts on the Rational Use of Drugs

THE RATIONAL USE OF DRUGS: BEVIEW OF HAYOR ISSUES Drugs and health for all by the year 2000 1. One of the maini'dms in HEALTH PPB ALL BY TltE YEAR 2000 is an equitable diatrlbution of res&tces for health. Equity is certainly not a characteristic feature of the exisfing:drug situation in the world. 'Ihe most urgent need regarding drugs at is stage is to make it possible for the vast majority of the world's people who int he deieloping countries to have access at a cost th...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1999 ; Communicable Diseases and ...

1. INTRODUCTION Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are a major global cause of acute illness, infertility, long-term disability and death, with severe medical and psychological consequences for millions of men, women and infants. The impact of these diseases is magnified by their potential to facilitate the spread of HIV infection. These guidelines for improving surveillance of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are intended to assist in the world-wide effort to ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Note for the Press, Year 2006, No. 29 - ...

By: Anders Nordstrom

LESP AYS,L 'OMSE T SESP ARTENAIREMSO BILISENDTE SE QUIPESD 'INTERVENNOPNO UR FAIREF AGEA LA TUBERCULOSAE BACILLESU LTRARESISTANTS Genive - Des experts ont confirm6q ue l'6mergenced e la tuberculosed bacillesu ltrar6sistants (tuberculose-URco) nstitueu ne menaceg ravep our la sant6p ubliquee, n particulielro rcqu'ellee st associ6ea u VlH. A sa premidrer 6union,l e Groupes p6cialm ondials ur la tuberculosed bacilles ultrar6sistandtse I'Organisatiomno ndialed e la Sant6( OM...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Health Organisation, Malaria Comission; Health Committee, Malaria,...

By: L. W. Hackett, Dr.

The Secretary of the Malaria Commission has the honour to communicate herewith to the nlIembers of the Commission the Resolutions concerning malaria adopted by the Health Committee of the League of Nations during its XXVI session, after discussion of the Report of the Acting President of the Commission

Read More
  • Cover Image

European Occupational Health Series : Year 1993, Gre Phc 002: Work...

By: R. Pineaulta

Microcavia azrstralis I1 existe cinq types gtographiques ripartis dans l'ensemble du pays, B l'ouest du 63e mCridien, de Santa Cruz A Jujuy, tr6s abondants dans le sud, mais moins rtpandus au nord de Cordoba. Animal fouisseur, ltgkrement plus petit que le cobaye adulte, il ne construit pas de nid. Trois B huit individus partagent en gentral le mEme terrier, cohabitant parfois avec Galea. Diurne, herbivore, sauvage, il ne ptnktre pas dans les habitations mais s'aventure d...

Read More
  • Cover Image

European Occupational Health Series : Year 1993; Prevention in Pri...

By: Pascale Buffaut

The Seventh intercountry Hseting of National Managers of control of Diarrhoea1 Disaasea Programmes in Member States of the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) of WHO and the Middle East and North Africa Region (MENAR) of UNTCEF was held in Limaesol, Cyprus, from 6 to 10 June 1994. It waa attended by representatives of 20 countries and the united Nations Relief and Works agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), and by staff of WHO and UNICEF. The agenda and ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Schistosomiases : Atlas de la Repartition Mondiale des Schistosomi...

Both Schistosoma haematobium and S. mansoni are widely prevalent in the southern fringe of the Arabian peninsula where the Yemen Arab Republic (Y.A.R.), the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen (P.D.R.Y.) and the Sultanate of Oman are situated. Clinical manifestations of disease probably caused by schistosomiasis have been recorded since the medieval times in writings of Arabian physicians. In 1923, GREVAL diagnosed schistosomiasis among patients of Yemeni origin in Ade...

Read More
  • Cover Image

European Occupational Health Series : European Series; European Se...

By: G. A. Persson

During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, yellow fever was a well-known endemic disease in the isthmus of Panama. Gorgas initiated his intensive measures against the mosquito Aedes aegypti soon after the start of the twentieth century. His campaign was so successful that by the fall of 1905 urban yellow fever had been completely eradicated from Panama. From that year until 1948, no autochthonous cases of the disease were seen again in the isthmus (Trapido & Galindo...

Read More
  • Cover Image

European Occupational Health Series : 1994-97; Prevention in Prima...

introduction The provision of effective sanitation programmes access to safe drinking water hav been major problems for many developing countries.In Africa many obstacles including bureacratic barriers between ministies mearge funds allocated tom rural areas and too few techinically qualified persons have related progress towards.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Bulletin of the World Health Organization : 2001, Issue1, 79 (1) R...

The quantitntivo rncasuramant of hormonos in body f l u i d s has provided an important tool for tne clinicran,general practitionar and s p e c i a l i s t ~ h ~ s i c i at on evaluate the functional s t a t e of xiarticular glands of i n t e r n a l s e c r e t i o n . A still growing multitude o f hormonal substances can bu more or less r e l i a b l y assayed by the c l i n i c a l i s b o r a t o r y . Althoupn in r e c e n t years outstanding sdvances have been made...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization, Weekly Epidemiological Record, Year 197...

FEDERALR EPUBLIOCF GERMANY-. TO date, 5 February 1970, 15 secondary cases of smallpox (2 fatal), confirmed by electron microscopy and/or virus isolation, have occurred among patients, nurses and visitors of the Meschede Hospital (North Rh'ie-Westphalia). The index case was admitted to a single room of the infectious diseases unit of this hospital on 11 January.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Bulletin of the World Health Organization : 2000; Volume 78, Numbe...

Cometout Clevage rationnel presuppose une connaissance approfondie de la biologie et de 1'Ccologie de l'anirnal qu'on veut Clever, nous exarninerons tout d'abord quelques aspects de la vie des glossines qui paraissent particulierement importants B cet tgard. La glossine est un insecte de la farnille des Muscidae, strictement hematophage et larvipare, dont le milieu nature1 se Limite aux regions tropicales et subtropicales de 1'Afrique. Nous essaierons, en partant de cett...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Feature, 2002, Feature 206-In French: Intoxication Collective a l’...

There is no experimental evidence to indicate the duration of immunity, produced by a course of antirabies serum and vaccine, to reinfection in rabies. As a result there is no real basis to support present recommendations regarding the re-treatment of patients who have been exposed to the risk of rabies infection for a.second time after they have once been exposed and have had a course of antirabies treatment. Studies were therefore undertaken to determine: (1) the resis...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization, Weekly Epidemiological Record, Year 194...

EXTRAITS DES RENSEIGNEMENTS RECUEILLIS PAR LA SECTION D'HYGIBNE DU SECRBTARIAT DE LA SOCIETS DES NATIONS EXTRACTS FROM INFORMATION RECEIVED BY THE HEALTH SECTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Regional Office for the Western Pacifi...

By: Y. H. Palk, Dr.

1. INTRODUCTION As in the past few years , the WPRO Library se~vice sw ere utilize dboth in the inlp1,ementation of theregiona l biomedical information programme and as the Regional Office library . Implementation of the a c t i v i t i e s planned f o r the r e g i o n a l biomedical information progrnlnrne was undertaken e x t e n s i v e l y . In cupport of t h e Regional Advjscr for Henlth Information, a c t i o n r e l a t i n g t o these a c t i v i t i e s have be...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization Publication : Year 1993 ; Issue 92425615...

By: Peter Reeve

Lors de sa douzieme rkunion en mars 1990, le Comitk consultatif scientifique et technique (STAC) du TDR a recommandk de mettre en place une unitk consacrke au dkveloppement des produits. Cela faisait suite h la reconnaissance du fait que le dkveloppement de certains produits prioritaires du TDR (produits diapostiques, medicaments chimiques, vaccins, produits biologiques et produits pour la lutte antivectorielle) requiert des compktences internes particulieres et trks focaliskes.

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Technical Report Series, No. 709 - in ...

By: B. L. Cherkasskiy

1. INTRODUCTION Le Comitt OMS d'experts de la Rage s'est reuni a Geneve du 20 au 27 septembre 1983. La reunion a kt6 ouverte par le Dr S.K. Litvinov, Sous-Directeur general de l'OMS, au nom du Directeur gtnhal. I1 a evoqui. le fait que la rage continue i exercer des ravages et s'etend mEme dans de nombreux pays, en depit des progrks importants de la recherche et des methodes de lutte sur le terrain. La situation epidemiologique est particulierement inquietante dans les p...

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.