World Library  

• Cover Image

Alice in Wonderland

By: Lewis Carroll

Alice is about to pick daisies when a white rabbit approaches her, but this rabbit is not like any other rabbit she has seen. Her curious nature forces her to follow the rabbit for a wonderful adventure.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Spisy Básnické Andreja Sládkovia

By: Sládkovi, Andrej, 1820-1872
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Power of Our Words

By: Liz Mcgrath

Do you know that an empowering word can spark ideas, open doors, change attitudes, and create solutions? Words can do all these things and much more. They have the potency to redefine personalities, lives, and entire communities. Just think of some of the things words are used for every day: To communicate a message To express a feeling To interact with others To associate meaning, intention, and tone To record history To tell stories And so much more! When used the righ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Commentaries of Proclus on the Timaeus of Plato in Five Books;...

By: Proclus, Ca. 410-485; Taylor, Thomas, 1758-1835

Plato

Vol. 2

Read More
  • Cover Image

Works of Jules Verne : Volume 7

By: Verne, Jules, 1828-1905; Horne, Charles Francis, 1870-1942
Read More
  • Cover Image

Z Naej Dediny

By: Vansová, Terézia, 1857-1942
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Mysterious Affair at Styles

By: Agatha Christie

The intense interest aroused in the public by what was known at the time as The Styles Case has now somewhat subsided. Nevertheless, in view of the world-wide notoriety which attended it, I have been asked, both by my friend Poirot and the family themselves, to write an account of the whole story. This, we trust, will effectually silence the sensational rumours which still persist. I will therefore briefly set down the circumstances which led to my being connected with t...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Za Chlebom Do Ameriky; Matoní Lúpeníci Na Lodi a Iné Krásne Rozpra...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Catch 22 a Novel

By: Joseph Heller
Read More
  • Cover Image

Homoeopathic Domestic Practice : Containing Also Chapters on Physi...

By: Guernsey, Egbert, 1823-1903
Read More
  • Cover Image

Archiv Starých Esko-Slovenských Listin, Písemností a Dejepisných P...

By: Sasinek, Franko Vit'Azoslav, 1830-1914

Without music ; Includes index

Songs, English ; Songs ; Ballads, English

Read More
  • Cover Image

Slovenske Pohl'Ady

By: Kusy, Ivan; Rosenbaum, Karol; Matica Slovenska
Read More
  • Cover Image

Greek Thinkers : A History of Ancient Philosophy : Vol. 1

By: Gomperz, Theodor, 1832-1912

CONTENTS.-Vol.1. Book 1. The beginnings. Book 2. From metaphysics to positive science. Book 3. The age of enlightenment.-vol. 2. Book 4. Socrates and the Socratics. Book 5. Plato.-vol. 3. Book 5 (continued) Plato.-vol. 4. Book 5. Aristotle and his successors

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Secret Adversary

By: Agatha Christie

IT was 2 p.m. on the afternoon of May 7, 1915. The Lusitania had been struck by two torpedoes in succession and was sinking rapidly, while the boats were being launched with all possible speed. The women and children were being lined up awaiting their turn. Some still clung desperately to husbands and fathers; others clutched their children closely to their breasts. One girl stood alone, slightly apart from the rest. She was quite young, not more than eighteen. She did n...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Read More
  • Cover Image

Zlatovláska. Vojak a Mníka Amália Osud Vojaka Chumajíka. Nárek Matiek

Read More
  • Cover Image

Osudy Dobrého Vojáka Švejka Za Svtové Války

By: Hašek, Jaroslav, 1883-1923; Kalmanovitch, Zelig, 1885-1944. Tr.

Digital publication provided from the National Yiddish Book Center

Read More
  • Cover Image

Persuasion

By: Jane Austen

Excerpt: Chapter One. Sir Walter Elliot, of Kellynch Hall, in Somersetshire, was a man who, for his own amusement, never took up any book but the Baronetage; there he found occupation for an idle hour, and consolation in a distressed one; there his faculties were roused into admiration and respect, by contemplating the limited remnant of the earliest patents; there any unwelcome sensations, arising from domestic affairs changed naturally into pity and contempt as he turn...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Future of the Internet : And How to Stop It

By: Jonathan Zittrain

This extraordinary book explains the engine that has catapulted the Internet from backwater to ubiquity?and reveals that it is sputtering precisely because of its runaway success. With the unwitting help of its users, the generative Internet is on a path to a lockdown, ending its cycle of innovation?and facilitating unsettling new kinds of control. (futureoftheinternet.org)

Read More
  • Cover Image

My Very Own Fairy Stories

By: Johnny Gruelle

Excerpt: Mama exclaimed Elsie May there's something squeaking in one of the chinks in the fireplace and it stops whenever I come in I wonder what it is.

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.