By: Slesser, Henry H

Personnel management ; Business

Read More
  • Cover Image

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Wages Question : A Treatise on Wages and the Wages Class

By: Walker, Francis Amasa, 1840-1897

Boston University ; Mugar Memorial Library, Boston University ; Boston Library Consortium

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Group Theoretic Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Zero-One Inte...

By: Shapiro, Jeremy F., 1939

Bibliography: leaves 40-42

Read More
  • Cover Image

Proceedings of the National Convention of Insurance Commissioners

By: National Convention of Insurance Commissioners (U. S.), National Convention of Insurance Commissioners (U. S.
Read More
  • Cover Image

Studies in the Linguistic Sciences : Volume 20 (1990 - 1991)

By: University of Illinois (Urbana Champaign Campus). Department of Linguistics

University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign ; University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

Read More
  • Cover Image

To Determine the Number

By: Environmental Protection Agency

Excerpt: To determine the number of revolutions per minute (RPM) for the shaft use a stopeatch or a wathch a second hand count the number of RPM's of the auger or flite-chain sprocket shaft at each cnitrol setting .

Read More
  • Cover Image

Surviac Bulletin : Winter 1999: Issue 4

By: Linda Ryan

Description: SURVIAC information re-sources are maintained in computerized databases,original reports, and in computer-indexed reference libraries. SURVIAC databases contain thousands of items that span detailed combat incidents, damage repair and maintenance information and sophisticated system and subsystem test data. Additions are made continually to stay abreast of recent technology developments and to keep pace with community needs. The most recent technical ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Surviac Bulletin : Issue 1 ; 2008: Issue 1

By: Linda Ryan

Description: SURVIAC information re-sources are maintained in computerized databases,original reports, and in computer-indexed reference libraries. SURVIAC databases contain thousands of items that span detailed combat incidents, damage repair and maintenance information and sophisticated system and subsystem test data. Additions are made continually to stay abreast of recent technology developments and to keep pace with community needs. The most recent technical ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Center for Strategic Research (Csr) Strategic Forum 249; Burma in ...

By: Lewis M. Stern, Phd, George Thomas & Julia A. Thompson

Description: Institute for National Strategic Studies Center for Strategic Research pamphlet.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Assessing Chinese Military Transparency; China Strategic Perspecti...

By: Michael Kiselycznyk and Phillip C. Saunders

Description: National Defense University sponsored Policy briefs, INSS strategic perspectives, and Occasional Papers.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Canadian Military Journal; Winter 2001: Volume 2, Issue 4

By: Dave Bashow, Editor

Description: Official professional journal of the Canadian forces.

Canadian Military Journal / Revue militaire canadienne is the official professional journal of the Canadian Forces and the Department of National Defence. It is published quarterly under authority of the Minister of National Defence. Opinions expressed or implied in this publication are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of National Defence, the Canadian Forces, Canadian Military Journal, or any agency of the Government of C...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Allegorical Expositions of the Holy Laws

By: Philo of Alexandria

Philo used philisophical representations to fuse and harmonize Jewish traditions and Greek philosophy. It interprets both Jewish and historic Greek philosophies.

“It is a melancholy reflection upon the history of the Jews that they have failed to pay due honor to their two greatest philosophers. Spinoza was rejected by his contemporaries from the congregation of Israel; Philo Judaeus was neglected by the generations that followed him.”

Read More
  • Cover Image

Annals, From the Death of the Divine Augustus

By: Cornelius Tacitus

The Annals was Tacitus's final work, covering the period from the death of Augustus Caesar in the year 14. He wrote at least 16 books, but books 7-10 and parts of books 5, 6, 11 and 16 are missing. Book 6 ends with the death of Tiberius and books 7-12 presumably covered the reigns of Caligula and Claudius. The remaining books cover the reign of Nero, perhaps until his death in June 68 or until the end of that year, to connect with the Histories. The second half of book 1...

Es ist gewiss ein wunderbares Ereigniss, dass am Ende des Zeitraums der romischen Litteratur, welcher zwar viel des Geistreichen und Vorzuglichen, aber noch mehr Verrungen hervorgebracht hat, in weichem sich neben der sittlichen Versukenbeit eine grosse Verweichlichung und Entkraflung auch in der Litteratur zeight und nach welchem der entschiedene Verfall der romischen Lutteratur beginnt, ein Schrifsteller auftritt, der zu den ausgezeichnetsten und grossartigsten Erschei...

Read More
  • Cover Image

O Kaina Ke Kumu Koa

By: Eve Furchgott

i kekahi kakahiaka, ike ihola o ia he one ko lalo o kona mau aa, aole hoi o ka lepo paa o uka. Aia ka hoi o ia ma kahakai! O kona pioloke aela no ia me ka imi pu aku no i ka lepo e kupaa ai, aole nae i loaa. Aue! He ano e no keia wahi, he okoa ia, aole i like me na mea maamau o kona wahi noho i uka. Nune ihola o Kaina, “Pehea la au i hiki mai ai ma anei” Komo aela ka hopohopo i loko ona. “ Ma hea la hoi kuu ohana a me na hoaaloha” i ninau ai o ia. Huli akula o ia...

Read More
  • Cover Image

From the Mountains to the Sea-Early Hawaiian Life

By: Julie Stewart Williams

This book is one of a series originally written by faculty in a Kamehameha reading program. The books were designed to increase students' reading skills and their knowledge of Hawaiian history and culture by focusing on topics such as the Hawaiian monarchy. Some of these books have been translated from their original English into Hawaiian through the efforts of the staff of the Kamehameha Schools Hawaiian Studies Institute. We are pleased at the reception both the Eng...

Try to imagine Hawai’i five hundred years ago. What do you suppose life in the islands was like then? How do you think people survived? From the Mountains to the Sea: Early Hawaiian Life will help answer these questions. It will give us a glimpse of our early Hawaiian ancestors. We will see where they lived and how they lived. We will learn about their close ties to nature. By observing their relationship with this natural environment we will discover that these ea...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Dictionary of the Hawaiian Language : Revised by Henry H. Parker

By: Lorrin Andrews

In 1836 "A Vocabulary of Words in the Hawaiian Language" was published by Lorrin Andrews. The evident usefulness of this list of about 6000 words led its author to prepare "A Dictionary of the Hawaiian Language" which was issued in 1865.Andrews' dictionary had long been out of print and increasing interest in Polynesian linguistic studies, the need of an authoritative reference book for the spelling, pronunciation, and definition of Hawaiian words, led to arrangements fo...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Sociological Papers : Volume 2

By: Sociological Society
Read More
  • Cover Image

Publication : No. 8 (1948)

By: Smithsonian Institution. Institute of Social Anthropology

ANTH: No. 1-16; Two sets not found: Libr.Off.: 1-16; Cir.set: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. Copied from serial record cards

Read More
  • Cover Image

Publication : No. 1-3 1944-1945

By: Smithsonian Institution. Institute of Social Anthropology

ANTH: No. 1-16; Two sets not found: Libr.Off.: 1-16; Cir.set: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. Copied from serial record cards

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.