World Library  

• Cover Image

Slayer

By: Karen Koehler

Excerpt: Preface note from the librarian: as a general rule, we only put titles up in the library which have been published by Baen books. The principal reason for this is simply to avoid complications regarding rights with other publishers.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Star Soldiers

By: Andre Norton

Excerpt: Star guard introduction: the mercenaries when the dominant species of a minor nine planet system revolving about a yellow sun known as ?sol??situated close to the fringe of the galaxy?gained knowledge of space flight and came out into our lanes of travel there arose a problem which central control had to solve, and speedily. These ?men,? as they called themselves, combined curiosity, daring, and technical skill with a basic will-to-compete against other races an...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Journal of Political Economy

By: University of Chicago. Department of Political Economy; University of Chicago; Western Economic Society (U. S)

Evidence (Law) ; Witnesses

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Journal of Political Economy

By: University of Chicago Department of Political Economy, University of Chicago, Western Economic Society

Comprend un index ; Microfiche de l'exemplaire de l'édition originale se trouvant à la Bibliothèque nationale du Québec

Evidence (Law) ; Preuve (Droit)

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Character and Logical Method of Political Economy

By: Cairnes, John Elliott, 1823-1875

Evidence (Law) ; Evidence, Circumstantial.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Capital; A Critique of Political Economy

By: Marx, Karl, 1818-1883; Moore, Samuel; Aveling, Edward Bibbins, 1851-1898; Untermann, Ernest; Engels, Friedrich, 1820-1895

Works and authors quoted in 'Capital': v. 1, p. 849-864; v. 1. The process of capitalist production. Tr. from the 3d German ed. , by Samuel Moore and Edward Aveling, and ed. by Frederick Engels. Rev. and amplified according to the 4th German ed. by Ernest Untermann. --v. 2. The process of circulation of capital, ed. by Frederick Engels, tr. from the 2d German ed. by Ernest Untermann. --v. 3. The process of capitalist production as a whole, ed. by Frederick Engels. Tr. fr...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Political Economy

By: Devas, Charles S. (Charles Stanton), 1848-1906

Economics ; Economics -- History

Prologue.--book I. Production and consumption.--book II. Exchange.-- book III. Distribution.--book IV. Public finance.--Epilogue: pt. I. Scope and method of economic science. pt.II History of economic science.--Appendix.--Index

Read More
  • Cover Image

An Inquiry into the Various Systems of Political Economy; Their Ad...

By: Ch[Arles] Ganilh; Daniel Boileau

Reproduction of original from Kress Library of Business and Economics, Harvard University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Travels in France and Italy during the Years 1787, 1788 and 1789

By: Arthur Young

Economic Theory Literature

Preface: It is a question whether modern history has anything more curious to offer to the attention of the politician than the progress and rivalship of the French and English empires from the ministry of Colbert to the revolution in France. In the course of those one hundred and thirty years, both have figured with a degree of splendour that has attracted the admiration of mankind. In proportion to the power, the wealth, and the resources of these nations, is the inter...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Catechism of Political Economy; Or, Familiar Conversations on the ...

By: Say, Jean Baptiste, 1767-1832; Richter, John
Read More
  • Cover Image

Corruption : The Facts

By: Daniel Kaufmann

Economics

This citation attests to the ancient nature of corruption, which amounts to the abuse of public office for private gain. Yet it also illustrates that even then corruption was regarded as corrosive to the development of the state and that specific measures were therefore needed in response. The king's adviser perceptively hinted at the link between illiberal trade, bureaucratic harassment at the border, and corruption. And he understood that corruption encompassed far mor...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Dictionary of Political Economy

By: Palgrave, Robert Harry Inglis, Sir 1827-1919

I. Darwinism verified.--II. Mr. Mivart on Darwinism.--III. Dr. Bateman on Darwinism.--IV. Dr. Bu?chner on Darwinism.--V. A crumb for the modern symposium.--VI. Chauncey Wright.--VII. What is inspiration?--VIII. Modern witchcraft.--IX. Comte's positive philosophy.--X. Mr. Buckle's fallacies.--XI. Postscript on Mr. Buckle.--XII. The races of the Danube.--XIII. Liberal education.--XIV. University reform.--XV. A librarian's work

Evolution

Read More
  • Cover Image

Principles of Political Economy : With Some of Their Applications ...

By: Mill, John Stuart, 1806-1873

Classical school of economics

Read More
  • Cover Image

Physics and Politics

By: Walter Bagehot

Excerpt: No. I. The Preliminary Age. One peculiarity of this age is the sudden acquisition of much physical knowledge. There is scarcely a department of science or art which is the same, or at all the same, as it was fifty years ago. A new world of inventions ? of railways and of telegraphs ? has grown up around us which we cannot help seeing; a new world of ideas is in the air and affects us, though we do not see it. A full estimate of these effects would require a grea...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Character and Logical Method of Political Economy

By: John E. Cairnes

Excerpt: Preface to Second Edition. In offering to the public a new edition of some lectures delivered in Dublin more than seventeen years ago, a few words of explanation are needed. As regards the substance of the opinions advanced ? the view taken of Political Economy, and of its methods of proof and development ? the present work does not differ from its predecessor; but extensive changes have been made in the form and treatment. Numerous passages have been recast; in...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Memoir of Henry C. Carey

By: William Elder

Excerpt: Editor's Preface. On Monday evening, January 5th, Dr. William Elder, an old Philadelphian, but now a resident of Washington City, delivered at the hall of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, at Philadelphia, a memoir of Henry C. Carey. In his lifetime Mr. Carey had committed to his old friend, Dr. Elder, a memorandum of the leading incidents in his life, including his numerous contributions to economic literature and the circumstances which led to their prep...

Read More
  • Cover Image

On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation

By: David Ricardo

Preface: The produce of the earth all that is derived from its surface by the united application of labour machinery and capital is divided among three classes of the community namely the proprietor of the land the owner of the stock or capital necessary for its cultivation and the labourers by whose industry it is cultivated.

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Treatise on Political Economy; Or the Production, Distribution, ...

By: Jean-Baptiste Say

Excerpt: A new edition of this translation of the popular treatise of M. Say having been called for, the five previous American editions being entirely out of print, the editor has endeavoured to render the work more deserving of the favour it has received, by subjecting every part of it to a careful revision. As the translation of Mr. Prinsep was made in the year 1821, from an earlier edition of the original treatise, namely, the fourth, which had not received the last ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Scope and Method of Political Economy

By: John Neville Keynes

Excerpt: Preface to The First Edition. The nature of the topics discussed in the following pages is sufficiently indicated in the introductory chapter, and a lengthy preface is therefore unnecessary. The abstract discussion of methods may appear to some to have mainly an academic interest, since it does not directly extend our knowledge of economic phenomena. Whilst, however, we ought to be upon our guard against allowing any such discussion to obscure the greater import...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Scottish Philosophy Biographical, Expository, Critical from Hu...

By: James Mccosh

Excerpt: Prefatory Note. This work has been with me a labor of love. The gathering of materials for it, and the writing of it, as carrying me into what I feel to be interesting scenes, have afforded me great pleasure, which is the only reward I am likely to get. I publish it, as the last, and to me the only remaining, means of testifying my regard for my country?loved all the more because I am now far from it?and my country?s philosophy, which has been the means of stimu...

Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.