World Library  

Other People Who Read An Illustrated Description of the Russian Empire Also Read

• Cover Image

The Religion of Democracy; A Manual of Devotion

By: Ferguson
Read More
  • Cover Image

Natural Philosophy for Beginners, Illustrations of the Laws of Mot...

By: Natural Philosophy
Read More
  • Cover Image

Son - the Buddhism of Korea

By: Graeme Lyall

BuddhaNet: Buddhist Information and Education Network document.

Excerpt: Following his Enlightenment, the Buddha instructed his disciples to spread his teaching in all directions of the world. It was not until the early years in the Christian era that his teaching eventually reached China. Around 520 A.D. an Indian monk named Bodhi Dharma arrived in Canton by sea. He eventually settled in the north of China where he founded the Shaolin monastery. Bodhi Dharma was the first patriarch of the Cha'an or meditation sect of Chinese Buddhis...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Dhammapada

Excerpt: THE Twin?Verses 1. All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him, as the wheel follows the foot of the ox that draws the carriage. 2. All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Principles of Ethics : Volume 1

By: Spencer, Herbert, 1820-1903

Ethics ; Ethics, Evolutionary

References: v.1, p. 563-572; v.2, p. 483-487

Read More
  • Cover Image

Mind : Science, Philosophy, Religion, Psychology, Metaphysics, Occ...

By: Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress)

Published by: Alliance Pub. Co., ; Houdini Collection: Vol. 8, no. 3 (June 1901); Latest issue consulted: Vol. 8, no. 3 (June 1901); The leading exponent of the New Thought.

Latest issue consulted: Vol. 8, no. 3 (June 1901).

Read More
  • Cover Image

Primitive Buddhism : Its Origin and Teachings

By: Reed, Elizabeth, Armstrong Mrs., 1842-1915

Buddha and Buddhism ; Buddhism

Read More
  • Cover Image

Hypotheses on Ulysses

By: Antonio Mercurio

“The Odyssey is not an adventure story. It is, rather, a book of wisdom that explains the art of humanity’s journey toward becoming artists of life and of the life of the universe. It tells the tale of a love story that is based on love as a decision and as a project. It is not a tale of love based on falling in love or, worse, on love as passion, which is so greatly celebrated in literature and in the public opinion, but which has never brought happiness to anyone and h...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Heritage of India the Heart of Buddhism

By: J. Saunders M. A.
Read More
  • Cover Image

Corpus Christi Pageants in England

By: Matthew Lyle Spencer
Read More
  • Cover Image

Dhammapadam. Palice Ed., Lat. Vertit, Excerptis Ex Comm. Palico No...

By: Suttapiaka Khuddakanikya, Dhammapada
Read More
  • Cover Image

Aboriginal Siberia : A Study in Social Anthropology

By: Czaplicka, Marie Antoinette, D. 1921

Social sciences

Read More
  • Cover Image

Pervonachal'Nyi Uchebnik Russkago Iazyka Dlia Buriat

By: Pravoslavnoe Missonerskoe Obshchestvo (Russia)
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Religions of Eastern Asia

By: Underwood, Horace Grant, 1859-1916

Subject: Tax assessment; Land use -- Taxation; Real property -- Valuation; England -- Finance and taxation

Read More
  • Cover Image

Bibliography of the Literature Relating to the Tertiary Geology an...

By: Ripley, H. Ernestine (Harriet Ernestine), b. 1872

Geology -- Great Basin Bibliography

Read More
  • Cover Image

Shamanism in Siberia

By: M. A. Czaplicka

Excerpt: SHAMANISM. [1] SHAMANISM is understood by some people to be a primitive form of religion or religio?magic practised by the aborigines of northern Asia as well as by all other aborigines in other parts of the world. This opinion is held by Mikhailowski, Kharuzin, and some other Russian scientists. Others hold that Shamanism was only one form of expression of the religious cult of northern Asia, practised in order to avert the evil spirits. This opinion is found i...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The History of Don Quixote, By Cervantes, Iv8

By: Miguel De Cervantes

Excerpt: ?Your worship will take warning as much as I am a Turk,? returned Sancho; ?but, as you say this mischief might have been avoided if you had believed me, believe me now, and a still greater one will be avoided; for I tell you chivalry is of no account with the Holy Brotherhood, and they don?t care two maravedis for all the knights?errant in the world; and I can tell you I fancy I hear their arrows whistling past my ears this minute.? ?Thou art a coward by nature,...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Shamanism in Siberia

By: M. A. Czaplicka

SHAMANISM is understood by some people to be a primitive form of religion or religio-magic practised by the aborigines of northern Asia as well as by all other aborigines in other parts of the world. This opinion is held by Mikhailowski, Kharuzin, and some other Russian scientists. Others hold that Shamanism was only one form of expression of the religious cult of northern Asia, practised in order to avert the evil spirits. This opinion is found in the writings of Jochel...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Canterbury Tales of Chaucer: With an Essay Upon His Language a...

By: Geoffrey Chaucer
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Corpus Ms (Corpus Christi Coll., Oxford) of Chaucer's Canterbu...

By: Geoffrey Chaucer
Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.