World Library  

Fantasy

Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from the genre of science fiction by the expectation that it steers clear of scientific themes, though there is a great deal of overlap between the two.

• Cover Image

Moj Rimbaud

By: Aleks Z Izpovedi

SLOVENIAN: Antoni sreča pesnika Arthurja Rimbauda v Parizu 1973... ENGLISH: Antoni meets the poet Arthur Rimbaud in Paris in 1871 ...

SLOVENIAN: Povej mi nekaj… Si srečen s Paulom? Srečen? Pogledal me je, kot bi začel nenadoma govoriti slovensko. Skomignil je z rameni: Ne vem. O tem se ne sprašujem. To ni pomembno. Razmišljam o čutih. Na novo moram izumiti ljubezen, doseči neznano z razdiranjem vseh čutov, biti videc, če hočem biti največji pesnik. Ali pa gre pot… čisto drugam? Samo poezija je važna. Saj to veš. Antoni, je dodal, kot bi me hotel prijazno okrcati. Misliš, da bi te lahko kaj odvrnil...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Timothy Chyme In Majixland : Part Three: Part Three

By: Donald Harry Roberts

The adventures of Timothy Chyme continue as he and his mottle crew of fantastic companions march toward danger.

.“Yes. Maybe I will dare.” Timothy cheered. “And I dare you Mr. Cavalier, if you have the courage?” “Sometimes Mr. Mundanie, What looks like courage is stupidity. However, if you chose to be stupid then I must follow and try to keep you from something totally disastrous.” The midnight trumpets sounded and suddenly the streets were abandoned and silent, almost silent. "Who won the battle on the Plains of Abraham?” Timothy Chyme? Timothy Chyme. Are you paying attention?...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Mystery Of Piper's Harbour : Introduction: Introduction

By: Donald Harry Roberts; Donald Roberts

Beyond the old tales of the pied piper, into a realm that only great thinkers of the imagination rises an alternate world of compatibility until an evil nemesis comes to destroy it.

Long ago, far across the sea in the medieval town of Weymouth another story arose in the midst, near its end, of the great and notorious Black Plague that somehow was misplaced in the passage of time, but not lost. It was a grim reflection and much darker, of a tale that happened sixty five years before in the village of Hamelin. It is a tale in fact that marked the end of the plague, perhaps in a way historians over looked or hid, since magic was even then frowned up...

Read More
  • Cover Image

VUTE 2020

By: Dr. Rolando Alberto Alvarado Anchisi

El nombre de la obra es una mezcla de letras provenientes de las palabras “Vida” y “Muerte”. Curiosamente, entre ambas palabras se genera la palabra “Mierda”, hallazgo que me ocasionó gracia porque la vida o la muerte pueden ser una mierda en algunos aspectos. La otra palabra que se genera es “Vute”, que no tiene ningún significado en castellano.

Toda la vida es preciada, pero vivirmos en un mundo que parece ponerle cifras monetarias a cada aspecto de nuestras vidas. Alguien decide cuánto valemos y todos cargamos una etiqueta con nuestro valor. No estoy de acuerdo con eso,aún cuando puedo entender esta postura. Sin embargo, creo que ambos, yo como escritor y tu como lector, podemos empezar a cambiar el mundo que nos rodea con algo de pasión y mucho esfuerzo.

Read More
  • Cover Image

In Solstice and in Peril

By: Kevin Wade Johnson

A young man already promising to grow to great size and athleticism, a budding warrior. Once he leaves the failing inn on the edge of the Wastes, he has to make his way in the world. But how? Becoming a mercenary soldier is a good first step, but does he want to follow orders his whole life? Or give them? When Bear meets the mysterious youth called Mouse, he realizes that the two of them together might be able to call their own shots, and live an independent life. ...

We trudged up to the border post in a steady drizzle. Nothing but a dry-stack stone hut beside the road, the post held a single guard, grizzled-looking but tough. She stepped up to the doorway, but not out into the wet. "Welcome to the Barony of Rain," she said. "State your business." She didn't just look tough, she was tough. One guard, facing me and Mouse? Especially when she's closer to Mouse's size than mine? Okay, Mouse doesn't look like much unless you've b...

Read More
  • Cover Image

US Gummint Cunning Man : Volume 1

By: Kevin Wade Johnson

Shade mammoths, iron buffalo, and dodos; honeyberries, lightning pines, and mistle… It's 1840 in the United States, but a different country from the one we live in. Magic has been known for tens of thousands of years, and the only reason the colonies freed themselves from British domination is that Pennsylvania Rifles outrange the tyrannical power of Mastery. The colonies haven't gotten far into the interior yet; a different man from Thomas Jefferson was born in t...

I stepped into a world o' gold, gold and yellow and orange and all the colors 'twixt 'em, with a hint o' red too. I didn't see no underbrush, nor the scrubbier trees, leavin' only the giants, 'cept they rose on up even higher here, no leaves or branches till hunnerds o' feet up. I could see the stream a mile or so t' the north, same as the world back home, the other burblin' along t' the east, and t' the south the ridge risin' slowly up, all reddish, till it topped out...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Magic Island : Rider In The Storm, Volume One: Rider In The Storm

By: Donald Harry Roberts; Donald Harry

A fantasy that is for kids, especially those who spent some time being an adult.

Buchanan MacBane, much better known across the island as Buck, was one of those kids who thought more about having adventures than doing all those boring things teenagers were supposed to find fun, like being grown up, but Buck was no where near ready to split the difference between being a kid and being an adult. He decided long ago that growing up that much could wait until he was ... older, much older than his fifteen years, at least twenty. One of Buck’s fav...

Read More
  • Cover Image

JUnker Fakeman And The Legend Of Ruby Eyed Rachelle

By: Donald Harry Roberts; Donald Harry Roberts

Best description is to read the book

Surprise over took me like a shock wave and for a minute I sat there clutching the tiller so tight my fingers turned cold and white. How long I was frozen in time space and place I have no idea, but when I finally manage to pull my wits up straight the ship, obviously a pirate ship was bearing down on me and I new it would ram my little sail boat and crush it, and me too. And I had no idea if anyone on board was aware that I was even there. But more startling than that...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Lucifer - The First Angel

By: Marcelo Hipolito

'Lucifer - The First Angel' is a brutal epic about how and why the greatest hero of God fell to darkness. From the dawn of creation up to the ruin of all existence, it reveals the true nature of Good and Evil, the meaning of Life and Death, and that even in Hell it is possible to find honor and sacrifice. The author carried out an extensive detailed research on archaeological discoveries and teachings of Taoism, Buddhism, Jewish Christianity, Islam, Brahmanism, am...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Dragoste cu valeriană. Galateae Epistulae ad Florentinum

By: Florentin Smarandache

O colecție de epistole de dragoste cu arome de valeriană, expediate de Galatea. Valeriana (Valeriana officinalis), denumită și odolean, năvalnic, gușa-porumbelului sau iarba-pisicii, este investită cu însușiri magice de tradiția populară, una dintre cele mai eficiente remedii în tratarea tulburărilor emoționale, precum și a bolilor fizice asociate lor. Pygmalion, regele Ciprului, nemulțumit de vanitatea și promiscuitatea femeilor din împărăția sa, renunță să-și ca...

Read More
  • Cover Image

We Friends In Trends

By: Jaimeet Patel; Evangel Ethial, Editor

Kabir is a rich, handsome, arrogant, and fuming guy from South Delhi. From an early age, he was involved in drugs due to poor upbringing. His parents had the money for him but no time. From childhood Shivansh, his best buddy pampered him and saved him from all types of problems. Shivansh was his shadow, never moving a single step without his friend. What happens when they put a step in a new world far away from home in Pune? Two more buddies of their class meet ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Elfos, orcs e fuzis de assalto

By: MARCELO HIPOLITO

Este é um épico de fantasia e aventura que transcorre nas ruas de São Paulo, Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Nova York e Washington, nos confins da floresta amazônica e sob o calor escaldante de Cuba. Caos, traições, preconceitos, esperanças e horrores emergem do encontro de povos fantásticos com pessoas comuns, do conflito entre o relativismo moral do nosso mundo e os valores absolutos do Bem e do Mal de uma estranha e perigosa terra encantada.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Lighthouse of the Netherworlds

By: Maxwell N Andrews

With the long summer school holidays coming to an end, Rachel Cook's days are filled with hordes of homework and little time for boredom. But on an unusually hot and sticky Wednesday morning, her uneventful school break comes to a shuddering stop: an innocent trip to the park leaves her with more questions than answers about her family's strange past. As her parents' finances plummet towards the poverty line and beyond, the Cooks end up living high above a seaside town, ...

"We did not hunger for death or the manner in which we met it…We alone must atone for the tragedy that tore us apart… eternity beckons…"

Read More
  • Cover Image

Die Geschichte des Klaus : The Origin of Santa Clause: A Short Sto...

By: Kjerri Anderssen

A little girl and her small village learn about the origins of Santa Clause and other charming Christmas traditions… trees, gifts, etc. from an unlikely stranger.

Long, long ago on the edge of the Siberian wilderness, there was a patch of evergreens, nearby to a small village. Among the patch of evergreens, an evil satyr frequented the little den...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Диалоги о камнях

By: Дан Берг

Об одном открытии в науке, сделанном хасидом Шломо

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Miracle Of Being : A numinous journey into the Soul: A numinou...

By: Mrs. Johanna Jacoba du Plessis; Jaime Ribeiro, Editor

A look into the psychological individuation process as described by Jung via the medium of fantasy. How to navigate the maze of projections to overcome fear.

She heard the fly buzzing right beside her, only millimetres away from her left ear, but before she could turn to catch it, it flew into the mirror through to the other side and sat down on the shoulder of her now rapidly dissipating reflection. With this, all the mirrors in the castle began to crack. Marjorie cowered and covered her head with her arms. The castle was being destroyed. Thousands of shards fell to the floor amidst this play of colour, and something caug...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Fuente

By: Chris Door

Raisha es considerada la maga más famosa y poderosa de todo Elendor, un mundo dividido entre el Imperio de La Luz y La Oscuridad.Un grupo de héroes, en los albores de una guerra entre ambos Imperios, verá unidos sus destinos por siempre teniendo que enfrentarse a sus propios miedos y desafíos para alcanzar la victoria.La Sombra, General de La Oscuridad, ha forjado El Gran Plan, que sólo ella conoce en su totalidad y que arrastrará a este grupo de héroes a una aventura de...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Starlet is Born

By: Maysam Yabandeh

The story depicts a peculiar romance, less seen on earth. Our quest to understand the nature of the romance, also sheds some lights on the troubling relationship between the mankind and their environment.

"Hi, I am Starlet," Starlet breaks the silence with an irresistible charm. "What is your name?" Dick remains silent. It is as he has lost his ability to speak. He is thinking very hard, but cannot remember his own name. The silence is getting too long. Dick finally remembers the flower bouquet. He brings it up with a wishful smile. "Oh, that is for me. That is so sweet. Thank you. They look gorgeous." Starlet closes her eyes, and inhales deeply to feel the scent of the...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Жизнь в раю

By: Дан Берг

Повесть преподносит читателю достоверную, практически документальную картину жизни в раю. Показаны эмоциональные бури, бушующие в душах героев повести – счастливых обитателей рая.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Chronicles of Erf : An Introduction

By: Donald Harry Roberts

An Introduction to untold numbers of novelettes

ERF THE INFINITE REALM BY FANKLE BLATHERSKITE WITH PERMISSION FROM DONALD HARRY ROBERTS 1 Aye; Tis a quandarsome query when one sets out to weave together the complexities of Erf, and most who try usually go stark raving mad, mad, mad or become so disillusioned with the whole concept of Erf that they become angry and stuff the whole thing in a category shared by Flat Earth and Hollow Earth. both of which may well be part of Erf. One of the first ponderances inves...

Read More

|
|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 77 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.