Book Id: WPLBN0000023766
Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 0.5 MB
Reproduction Date: 2005

Title: The River Scamander and Other  
Author: De La Fontaine, Jean
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Classic Literature Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: World Ebook Library

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

La Fontaine, J. D. (n.d.). The River Scamander and Other. Retrieved from http://community.ebooklibrary.org/

Excerpt
I'M now disposed to give a pretty tale; Love laughs at what I've sworn and will prevail; Men, gods, and all, his mighty influence know, And full obedience to the urchin show. In future when I celebrate his flame, Expressions not so warm will be my aim; I would not willingly abuses plant, But rather let my writings spirit want. If in these verses I around should twirl, Some wily knave and easy simple girl, 'Tis with intention in the breast to place; On such occasions, dread of dire disgrace; The mind to open, and the sex to set Upon their guard 'gainst snares so often met. Gross ignorance a thousand has misled, For one that has been hurt by what I've said.

Table of Contents
· THE RIVER SCAMANDER · A CONFIDANT WITHOUT KNOWING IT; OR THE STRATAGEM · THE CLYSTER

Click To View

Additional Books

• Oberon (by )
  • Socrates in the Light of Modern Psychopa... (by )
  • The Wandering Jew, Volume 10 (by )
  • The Spook House (by )
  • The Voyage of Bran (by )
  • The Noble Koran (Quran) : Smoke (by )
  • Memoirs of Marguerite de Valois, Queen o... (by )
  • The Italian, Or the Confessional of the ... (by )
  • Windsor-Forest (by )
  • Fly Leaves (by )
  • The Singing of the Frogs (by )
  • An Open Letter on Translating (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.