Book Id: WPLBN0000171368
Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 0.5 MB
Reproduction Date: 2005

Title: Morton Hall  
Author: Gaskell, Elizabeth Cleghorn
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Classic Literature Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: World Ebook Library

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Gaskell, E. C. (n.d.). Morton Hall. Retrieved from http://community.ebooklibrary.org/

Excerpt
Our old Hall is to be pulled down, and they are going to build streets on the site. I said to my sister, 'Ethelinda! if they really pull down Morton Hall, it will be a worse piece of work than the Repeal of the Corn Laws.' And, after some consideration, she replied, that if she must speak what was on her mind, she would own that she thought the Papists had something to do with it; that they had never forgiven the Morton who had been with Lord Monteagle when he discovered the Gunpowder Plot; for we knew that, somewhere in Rome, there was a book kept, and which had been kept for generations, giving an account of the secret private history of every English family of note, and registering the names of those to whom the Papists owed either grudges or gratitude.

Table of Contents
· Chapter I · Chapter II

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Stars Promise Death (by )
  • To Whom This May Come (by )
  • Australian Legendary Tales (by )
  • Playful Poems (by )
  • Poetical Sketches (by )
  • Expositions of Holy Scripture (by )
  • The Fate Joss (by )
  • The Murder of Agrippina (by )
  • Ernest Maltravers (by )
  • It Happened in Egypt (by )
  • The Tragedy of Puddnhead Wilson: And the... (by )
  • The Captain's Doll (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.