Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 273.09 KB
Reproduction Date: 2005
Full Text

Title: Mr. Pratt  
Author: Lincoln, Joseph Crosby
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Blackmask Online Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Blackmask Online

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Lincoln, J. C. (n.d.). Mr. Pratt. Retrieved from http://community.ebooklibrary.org/

Description
Excerpt: Chapter 1. THE MASTERS I HEARD about the pair first from Emeline Eldredge, ?Emmie T.? we always call her. She was first mate to the cook at the Old Home House that summer. She come down to the landing one morning afore breakfast and hove alongside of where I was setting in the stern of my sloop, the Dora Bassett, untangling fish lines. She had a tin pail in her fist, indicating that her sailing orders was to go after milk. But she saw me and run down in ballast to swap yarns.

Table of Contents
Table of Contents: Mr. Pratt, 1 -- Joseph C. Lincoln, 1 -- Chapter I. THE MASTERS, 2 -- Chapter II. THE MAN, 8 -- Chapter III. TOO MANY COOKS, 13 -- Chapter IV. THE PIG RACE, 19 -- Chapter V. THE CRUISE OF THE ?DORA BASSETT?, 25 -- Chapter VI. OZONE ISLAND, 31 -- Chapter VII. SWEET SIMPLICITY, 38 -- Chapter VIII. MR. SCUDDER'S PRESENTS, 45 -- Chapter IX. THE ?FRESH?AIRERS?, 51 -- Chapter X. THE VOYAGE OF THE ARK, 58 -- Chapter XI. EUREKA, 65 -- Chapter XII. MISS SPARROWS DIAGNOSIS, 72 -- Chapter XIII. THE LAWN F?TE, 77 -- Chapter XIV. ?THE BEST LAID PLANS?, 83 -- Chapter XV. THE WHITE PLAGUE, 90 -- Chapter XVI. THE NATURAL LIFE, 98 -- Chapter XVII. ACROSS THE BAY, 104 -- Chapter XVIII. POOR REDNY, 111 -- Chapter XIX. SIMPLE VERSUS DUPLEX, 119

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Point of View (by )
  • The Pension Beaurepas (by )
  • The Patagonia (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Middle Years (by )
  • The Marriages (by )
  • The Liar (by )
  • The Lesson of the Master (by )
  • The Jolly Corner (by )
  • The Great Good Place (by )
  • The Great Condition (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.