Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 135.14 KB
Reproduction Date: 2005
Full Text

Title: The History of Landholding in England  
Author: Fisher, Joseph
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Blackmask Online Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Blackmask Online

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Fisher, J. (n.d.). The History of Landholding in England. Retrieved from http://community.ebooklibrary.org/

Excerpt
Introduction: This work is an expansion of a paper read at the meeting of the Royal Historical Society in May, 1875, and will be published in the volume of the Transactions of that body. But as it is an expensive work, and only accessible to the Fellows of that Society, and as the subject is one which is now engaging a good deal of public consideration, I have thought it desirable to place it within the reach of those who may not have access to the larger and more expensive work. I am aware that much might be added to the information it contains, and I possess materials which would have more than doubled its size, but I have endeavored to seize upon the salient points, and to express my views as concisely as possible.

Table of Contents
Table of Contents: The History of Landholding In England, 1 -- Joseph Fisher, 1 -- Introduction, 1 -- I. THE ABORIGINES, 5 -- II. THE ROMAN, 6 -- III. THE SCANDINAVIANS, 7 -- IV. THE NORMANS, 11 -- V. THE PLANTAGENETS, 20 -- VI. THE TUDORS, 26 -- VII. THE STUARTS, 37 -- VIII. THE HOUSE OF HANOVER, 40 -- The History of Landholding In England -- i

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Point of View (by )
  • The Pension Beaurepas (by )
  • The Patagonia (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Middle Years (by )
  • The Marriages (by )
  • The Liar (by )
  • The Lesson of the Master (by )
  • The Jolly Corner (by )
  • The Great Good Place (by )
  • The Great Condition (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.