Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 150.54 KB
Reproduction Date: 2005
Full Text

Title: An Anonymous Christian : The Kneeling Christian  
Author:
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Blackmask Online Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Blackmask Online

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

An Anonymous Christian : The Kneeling Christian. (n.d.). An Anonymous Christian : The Kneeling Christian. Retrieved from http://community.ebooklibrary.org/

Description
Preface: A traveller in China visited a heathen temple on a great feast?day. Many were the worshippers of the hideous idol enclosed in a sacred shrine. The visitor noticed that most of the devotees brought with them small pieces of paper on which prayers had been written or printed. These they would wrap up in little balls of stiff mud and fling at the idol. He enquired the reason for this strange proceeding, and was told that if the mud ball stuck fast to the idol, then the prayer would assuredly be answered; but if the mud fell off, the prayer was rejected by the god. We may smile at this peculiar way of testing the acceptability of a prayer. But is it not a fact that the majority of Christian men and women who pray to a Living God know very little about real prevailing prayer? Yet prayer is the key which unlocks the door of God?s treasure?house. It is not too much to say that all real growth in the spiritual life?all victory over temptation, all confidence and peace in the presence of difficulties and dangers, all repose of spirit in times of great disappointment or loss, all habitual communion with God?depend upon the practice of secret prayer.

Table of Contents
Table of Contents: The Kneeling Christian, 1 -- AN UNKNOWN CHRISTIAN, 1 -- AUTHOR'S Preface, 1 -- Chapter 1: GOD'S GREAT NEED, 1 -- Chapter 2: ALMOST INCREDIBLE PROMISES, 5 -- Chapter 3: ASK OF ME AND I WILL GIVE, 9 -- Chapter 4: ASKING FOR SIGNS, 14 -- Chapter 5: WHAT IS PRAYER?, 20 -- Chapter 6: HOW SHALL I PRAY?, 25 -- Chapter 7: MUST I AGONIZE?, 30 -- Chapter 8: DOES GOD ALWAYS ANSWER PRAYER?, 37 -- Chapter 9: ANSWERS TO PRAYER, 41 -- Chapter 10: HOW GOD ANSWERS PRAYER, 44 -- Chapter 11: HINDRANCES TO PRAYER, 47 -- Chapter 12: WHO MAY PRAY?, 52

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Point of View (by )
  • The Pension Beaurepas (by )
  • The Patagonia (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Papers (by )
  • The Middle Years (by )
  • The Marriages (by )
  • The Liar (by )
  • The Lesson of the Master (by )
  • The Jolly Corner (by )
  • The Great Good Place (by )
  • The Great Condition (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.